Thursday, January 31, 2013

Release 10 now in the store!

Don't get too excited yet, unfortunately. This is mainly a bug-fix release so if you are currently enjoying LCARS Interface with no issues, this update will likely only be preventative for you. Don't worry, more features are in the works!

I've also changed from uploading one package for all CPUs (x86, x64, ARM) to uploading individual ones for each processor type just in case there are some compatibility issues. Each one is exactly the same feature-wise so none of you are missing out on anything by having one type or the other.  I also added the ability to access the Weather module from the snapped view. I'm sure a lot of you were waiting impatiently for that to be fixed! :)

For those reviewing this app in the Windows Store and are experiencing issues with the media player: Please e-mail me! I need more information to help resolve the issues you are having. I've tested this app on a 32-bit Windows 8 Pro machine, a 64 bit Windows 8 Pro machine, as well as a Microsoft Surface RT tablet and all seems to work fine with the media player. I don't want you sitting there without working software, but I need to be able to reproduce the problem to fix it. There are hundreds of people using this app and if only a couple are experiencing issues, odds are I don't see your issue and may need you to help me figure it out. I'm sorry for any inconvenience these issues may be causing you, and I will work quickly to resolve any issues that get reported if you contact me and can answer a few questions like what type of media it is, what your system configuration is, where the file was downloaded from, etc. Saying things like "It doesn't work" in a review doesn't help me too much though. If the media player just didn't work at all on any computer, I would notice before I submit it! Microsoft would likely also notice because they test it as well to make sure at least basic functionality works for each part during certification. It's impossible for me to test every single computer configuration that may be out there. If this app has an issue running on your machine, I will try and figure out why and get it working for you as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment