Thursday, February 7, 2013

Release 11 Coming Today!

(Update: I guess I just had to say something, since less than an hour after this post I got word that it passed certification! Look for this update later today.)

I'm not sure what Microsoft's situation is, but I submitted the next release on Sunday night and it's still in certification. Usually they take less than a day, and now it's going on 4. I hope this isn't a new trend because I enjoy being able to get updates released quickly.

Anyhow, this update adds a few useful new things to your main interface. The first is the ability to toggle whether you want to show the Stardate or use the standard date instead. I know a few of you asked for this, and making sense of a Stardate in the 21st century isn't always practical even if it is fun. Also added is the display of time next to the date. This can also be toggled between 12H and 24H display formats (with AM/PM showing for the 12H format)! This gives flexibility and lets you configure your ship's computer the way you want!

So, with all of these new options, how do you set them up? The Configure screen was pretty cluttered already! Well, I've overhauled the configuration module and redesigned it to look more like the other modules, which gives the ability to have multiple views inside the main display area. You can now configure all of your sound, Date/Time, and theme options in their appropriate groups. This new layout also leaves plenty of room for more options later, which will inevitably be needed as more features are added!

Less obvious changes in this update will include fixing the Year display on the media play to not say "0" if no data is given in the file's metadata. I also tweaked the animation selection on the module switches to give a better variety instead of only a couple having different ones from the standard fly out from the corner one that they all started with. There were also some visual tweaks made to the Weather module. See if you can find it (when this update actually hits)!

I'm hoping this release hits soon, as I wanted this post to say it's available a few days ago. But I'm posting it now to let you all know that an update is in the pipeline and will be available as soon as Microsoft finishes their approval process.

I also have a bigger update in progress which will add a bit more fun to the app, as up until now it's mainly been focused on productivity with all of the fun being in the look of the interface and sound effects. This update will take it a step farther and give you something actually geared toward entertainment. I'm not going to give away what it is yet, though! Just know that those of you who wanted a more fun thing to do with this app will have something soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment