Thursday, February 14, 2013

Any Windows Phone users out there?

I've had a few requests to make a version of LCARS Interface for Windows Phone. I'm not entirely opposed to the idea, but Microsoft does charge me another developer fee to put things in the Windows Phone store, so I'm trying to figure out if there is a large enough audience to make it worthwhile. I don't imagine it would be as complex as this app, since things like a text editor and maybe the file manager don't make as much sense on the phone, but the phone also has other capabilities that desktops and laptops don't have. Right now I spend most of my free time working on this app compared to my other apps on various platforms, especially these past few weeks working up what will be coming in the next update. I don't really want to split my time, but I can leverage a lot of my code from this app for WP8 so it shouldn't be that bad.

So, Windows Phone users, let me know if you are out there! Either comment here or contact me privately if you would like to see a WP8 version of this app and what features you would like to see included!

6 comments:

  1. I think most of the original smartphones and tabs form factors were inspired from STNG. Especially the 7" tabs, just like what they used in the show. Anyway, I love to have my WP8 and my W8 to have LCAR interface! I haven't bought your app yet, but I will do so today. Suggestion: a trail period will be good, say 5-7 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use my Windows Phone mainly for business and don't see the practicality of LCARS on my phone. I'm not against the idea but most likely would not buy such an app for my phone like I have with my tablet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that most of the functionality that the Windows 8 app has would be practical on the phone. It's more likely that I would make a version of the new Tactical Simulator at first, which would be just another game you could use to pass the time and have a little fun.

      Delete
  3. Like the app on my surface. Not sure if it would be something I would use daily on my 920.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the app - I'd like to see ship schematics, star charts, medical encyclopaedia etc etc - even a Wikipedia call up feature to begin with :)

    I'd use a wp8 app but I'd prefer it if they interacted and synced.. so maybe something post-blue?

    Keep up the good work - cool ship layouts and ship spec screens please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ships specs are something I would have to create myself, or have someone donate to the app to be included as I can't take them from somewhere and put them in. I will see what I can do, as it is in the works for a future update.

      Sync between WP8 and Windows 8 apps would be neat, but I'm not sure what to make it sync between them! Any ideas?

      Delete