Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Playlists

So Release 6 has just added some additional features to the Media Player, and I'm working on more.

The biggest one right now is adding playlist support, which is turning out to be more difficult than I thought it would and so I wanted to write a post dedicated to this. I know a lot of people are waiting for this feature to be added. Why is it difficult? Windows 8's regulations! Playlists are possible, but the problem is they will only be allowed to read files that reside in what is set as your "Music Library" in Windows. That means if you have a playlist that references files elsewhere (like a network media server, for example) you will not be allowed to open it! This is certainly inconvenient. I'm working on some possible solutions to this, as I'm not happy with this limitation, but for the time being it looks like initially playlists will need to be created each time you open the program. At least for now you will be able to queue up more than 1 song or video to play, though. This feature should show up in the next major update which I'm hoping to have ready later this week.

Keep the feature requests coming! I'm having a lot of fun adding everything that you all ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment