Thursday, March 7, 2013

Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 Updates

It's been a little crazy around here the past couple weeks, but I do have some news that a lot of you should enjoy. I have officially started the port of my LCARS controls to the Windows Phone 8 platform! I have no time estimates for when anything will be completed on that front, but the framework is there now and I think my first project will be to port the Tactical Simulator from the Windows 8 app to the phone. My resources for real phone devices to test with are extremely limited at this point, and I hate relying only on emulators, but it is what it is right now. If Microsoft did their job correctly I should be able to make it work without a real phone to test on.

Apart from that side project, I have also been working on the next update to the Windows 8 Store LCARS Interface, which will include a couple of fixes discussed in my previous post, as well as some new functionality. This update is taking longer than I would have liked, but it's just limited to whatever free time I have. Rest assured though, I am still working on it and will have new features available soon! I am enjoying reading the reviews from the Windows Store from around the world and those of you that e-mail me directly also help guide my updates to the app. I get most of the new functionality ideas from your feedback, since you all know what you want to do with it better than I do. Please keep feedback of any type coming and this app will keep improving within the bounds of what is possible with a Windows Store app!

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried LCARS with the new ModernMix by Stardock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not, although that does look pretty neat! Seems like a well designed solution for those that really want their normal desktop experience in Windows to be a bit more LCARS themed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you don't post something before hand - I'll try it (after we move to our new place) and post my findings.

    thanks for all the hard work,
    -Scott

    ReplyDelete