Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Windows 8 Store, Windows Phone Store Submissions

It's been a week of insanity dealing with the 2 Windows stores and it's been frustrating to say the least. Usually the Windows 8 Store certifies my updates very quickly but I'm currently still waiting on the one I submitted last Saturday. That's the longest it's ever taken to date. I really hope this isn't the new normal...this update is fairly minor too so it's extra annoying that it takes this long to get a couple bug fixes in. Also new in this update will be a different screen on initial startup. This became necessary due to how much stuff LCARS Interface is actually able to do, and having to initialize quite a few things on startup was pushing the limits of startup times for low power Windows RT devices.  This change should lead to a better experience for all devices. It will also give me more options in the future for expanding the app beyond the main screen that used to appear on startup, which was becoming rather crowded with all of the new functionality!

On the Windows Phone front I've been battling some certification failures for various reasons that I chalk up to the learning process associated with building for a new platform. Nevertheless, I FINALLY got that all sorted out and the initial release of the LCARS Simulator for Window Phone should be ready as soon as they certify it, which I hope is not too long. I know at least a few of you have been waiting for that, and I apologize for the delays in making it happen!

So sit tight LCARS fans, new stuff is coming as quickly as Microsoft will allow it! I'm also still figuring out my next set of updates for the Windows 8 app, and also starting to design the LCARS Interface app that will eventually make it to Windows Phone.

As always, keep your suggestions coming, as you never know if your idea may get wrapped into the next update! I also need suggestions on functionality for the phone app now as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment