Friday, March 8, 2013

LCARS Interface Release 15 available in Windows 8 Store!

Update: I guess I did good, Release 15 passed certification already and will be available in the store shortly!

Well I finally sat down and actually finished up this update tonight. I would have liked if I had gotten it done a day or two ago since Microsoft seems to take longer to approve things on the weekend than during the week, but it will have to do.  It only took about 4 hours for them to approve it.

So what's in this update? I've talked about it a little already, but look past the break or in the Version History for the complete change log.



LCARS Interface for Windows 8 (Release 15) Changes:

*Added Audio/Video Log features!
-This came off of a review from the Windows Store and somebody wanting it. That's all it takes to get new features, folks! Give me your feedback and you may just get what you want!

*Fixed auto destruct voices from talking over each other.
-I finally got a better handle on dealing with DirectX and audio buffers and all that, so I've got the fix for this issue.

*Fixed crash when unsupported weather location is entered.
-Thank you for reporting this bug. It shouldn't crash anymore, but I can't do much about it not supporting some postal codes at this time.

*Fixed sounds when changing modes in Settings module to only play if actually switching.
*Changed Text Editor font color to proper LCARS Orange.
-Small changes but important ones nonetheless. I probably made a dozen more tweaks like this in this update that I forgot about already.

I hope you all enjoy this update! I need your feedback on what other features you would like! I still have a list I'm keeping but the list has gotten a bit shorter lately. I know I can't possibly have gotten everything that everyone wants in there yet!

2 comments:

  1. Great update. 2 comments.
    1. Noticed with this change I am not able to switch between 12 & 24 hr display using the buttons on the clock screen.
    2. Is it possible to delete logs from within the log editor screen?

    I am really liking your app. Have it running most of the time while at work with the clock displayed.

    Thanks,
    Frank K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Frank,

      I can not seem to reproduce the clock issue. It seems to change for me just fine. Is yours stuck in 12 or 24 hour mode?

      Currently you can only view logs from that screen. You can delete them from the file manager as the logs are stored in a folder called LCARSAudioLogs/LCARSVideoLogs in their respective library folders. Adding delete capabilies to the log screens is certainly possible. I need to spend some more time arranging the interface for them since I ran out of real estate at 1366x768 resolution which is what a lot of Windows 8 tablets run. Glad you are enjoying the updates! Let me know if there is anything else you would like changed or added.

      Delete