Monday, July 22, 2013

LCARS Interface [Windows 8] Release 25 is now available in the Windows 8 Store!

Release 25 of the Windows 8 LCARS Interface app is now available! This is mainly another maintenance build which fixes a couple issues that came up with the last release with the new tactical module. Some of you came up with use cases that I didn't and so any issues that have been reported to me have now been resolved!

Also in this build is a new start screen animation. This may be expanded more in the future...possibly with some sounds and more animation. We will be doing some experimenting with adding a lot of animation in the future, making sure along the way that we don't cripple lower powered systems too much. Anything too intense will likely be filtered out by the "Extra animations" switch in the settings.

The File Manager finally got some attention in this update. A couple minor bug fixes and now the Back button will travel all the way back up the folder structure. So if you opened a folder, then another folder, then another, you can now go back to the first one. Previously the back button only took you up one level from the lowest, which was not nearly as useful.

I do believe that we finally have the app optimized to work at 1024x768 resolution and/or 4:3 ratio screens! This includes running an app in snapped mode next to this one, or using non-widescreen monitors. This will also fix those of you running Splashtop or other remote desktop apps from an iPad where some controls would be cut off. If you continue to have any issues of this type, please let us know!

We're hoping to have another new module ready for the next release!

3 comments:

  1. Great work! I really like the new animation. When my snobby friends start complaining about Win8. I like to launch LCARS and say "Really, it sucks huh? Well how about this awesome coolness!" Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello.. I am one of your snobby friends. who hates win 8 except when I use LCARS here.. I actually bought this app and I thought I would never buy one but I did.. this thing totally rocks of star trek... it needs it's own operating system to take us two steps forwards and no steps back..

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the update, but on my 4:3 1600 x 1200 screen, buttons are still squashed and text overlaps in the simulator with the map still being unreadable.

    ReplyDelete