Tuesday, April 30, 2013

LCARS Interface Release 20 [Windows 8] Now Available!

I've gotten some great feedback on Release 19 and so here is some more feed your LCARS appetite! Not a huge update this time, as there are no new modules yet. However, this update does bring some exciting things, mainly to do with the Red Alert theme!

The first thing you will notice are the new buttons at the bottom right of the main panel. You can now set the Alert Condition of your ship at any time, without having to go change the theme in the settings. Pressing "RED" will do what seems obvious. Pressing "GREEN" will revert back to whatever your selected theme is when not in Red Alert. Those of you who do not wish to see these extra buttons will find an option to hide it....in the next update (sorry)!

If you currently have the "Extra Animations" setting enabled, when you do declare a red alert, the panel will now come to life and animate, similar to the LCARS panels in Star Trek: Nemesis! Other shows/movies may do this also, but that movie is where I drew inspiration from.

Also one of the requests I received was to be able to change the Red Alert klaxon to something other than the TNG version. Well, I hear you and I've taken the first step and set it up so you can select the red alert sound from Voyager instead! You will find that setting in the "Sounds" panel of the Configuration module. This at least makes you stick to the canon sounds for red alert for ships that would use LCARS. If there are others you would like me to consider, send them to me and I will see if it makes sense.

I also apologize to those of you running Windows RT who may have experienced some issues with the Systems Allocation module. I have scrapped all of the code for the bars and re-did it from the ground up to be much less resource intensive, so I'm hoping this update will resolve those issues and allow you to enjoy that piece of the app also. If there are still any issues, please let me know!

You should be able to fetch this update later tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment